Last week, Fresh and I attended the Pedram Karimi show. I loved the navy capes, asian collared jackets and colour-blocking features. I wore an all ecru, jacflash everything, ensemble. www.jacflash.net
Photos 3 and 5 by Nick Viton.
Originally written by Jaclyn Genovese for notable.ca.
Let’s face it, what we wear to a girls night out on a Friday night is drastically different from what we wear to a Monday morning meeting, but some of our favourite pieces are those weekend-worthy, killer items that just don’t ever seem work appropriate. Bore no more, you don’t have to be a fashion party pooper any longer- those going out clothes don’t have to be just be for carousing. To get the most wear out of your clothes, check out 11 of our favourite ways to wear your nighttime looks to the office.
1. Layer a bralette with a turtleneck and skirt for a stunning day time look
2. Who would have thought a black crop top could look to cute atop a striped blouse and jeans?
3. Slip a longer skirt underneath a mini for a fashion forward, more appropriate office ensemble.
4. A leather cut off top looks less edgy underneath a turtleneck and midi skirt.
5. Wear a button up under an elegant LBD for a less formal look.
6. Throw a chunky knit on top of a feminine, lace pencil skirt.
7. A turtleneck layered under an intricate tank looks conservatively chic.
8. Try the skirt over pants trend by pairing a typically revealing skirt over a tailored work trouser.
9. Layer a long sleeve to extinguish a deep-v.
10. Thigh high boots become subdued when worn with endless tailored layers.
11. Pair a glitzy sequin jacket with black and white classics to look glamorously professional.
Originally written by Jaclyn Genovese for notable.ca.
We know that women love stealing clothing from men, but with more women than ever in positions of power and an increasing amount of men becoming more fashion forward, women are experimenting with a more androgynous, tailored look. From three piece suits, to pinstripes and fedoras, masculine pieces have become a staple for womenswear, here are some of our favorite menswear inspired looks.
2. Layer a jacket over a knit over a dress shirt and pair trousers with white sneakers for a sporty yet tailored, high fashion look.
3. For a toned down take on a suit, pair ankle baring black jeans with a pin striped jacket, a tank top and oxfords.
4. If you want to keep your outfit less corporate, show a little bit of your personality with a bold dress shirt and a pair of jeans.
5. Combining natural hues with a plaid trench, cardigan, dress shirt and pleated trousers are the perfect recipe for a macho manner.
6. Pair different shades of grey to complete a minimalist, but put together look.
7. Hang with the boys by wearing a fashion forward take on the suit.
8. One of the keys to pulling the look off a menswear look is with proportion and with adding accessories that are already in your closet, like suspenders.
9. Earn your tailoring stripes and create a classic effect in a three piece suit.
10. Look effortlessly cool, yet put-together by accessorizing tailored suits.
11. Go formal in a sleek tuxedo with strappy sandal heels.
Article originally written for notable.ca by Jaclyn Genovese
Nice goal. Err, wait we meant point… well, you know what we mean. Watching the football game isn’t every woman’s favorite weekend activity, but how can you say no to a Super Bowl Sunday party? From rowdy friends to never ending snacks and how could we forget, the half time shows? This is the one game not even we can miss, but what should you sport this Sunday? We have scoured the web to find the perfect outfit ideas for you Superbowl celebration.
1. We’ve mentioned before how versatile blue jeans and a white shirt is and when it comes to football game attire, less is more (more or less).
2. Whether they made the play offs or not, sometimes you just gotta rep your favorite team.
3. Pair a sporty tee with unexpected, feminine bottoms.
4. Here’s another piece we love to steal from our man. Pair his jersey with unpredictable pieces like a pea coat vest and leather culettes.
5. With it’s typically boxy cut, throwing on a regular jersey as a dress can often leave you looking like you are drowning in mounds of mesh, but many designers made slim silhouetted versions of their own.
6. Slipping on your favorite pumps with a tracksuit may seem ridiculous, but we think this look is awfully cute, don’t you?
8. A sports tee and sneakers look all grown up when paired with leather leggings, a statement clutch and a wool trench.
9. Ah, the boyfriend jean. You’re hanging with the boys today, so you might as well dress like them too.
10. If you’re more of the preppy type, loosen up your look with a pair of sneakers in a bold hue.
11. Dress up your comfy leggings and sneakers with a glam faux fur jacket and firey, red lips.
images.agoramedia.com, fashiontogo-ftg.com, chicobsession.com, freemagz.com, trendymii.mitvl.com, jereveleplusdur.tumblr.com, funmiogunja.com, twoleakingbags.com, picture-cdn.wheretoget.it, good-kovka.com, 3.bp.blogspot.com, fashioncapcity.com
Originally written for notable.ca by Jaclyn Genovese
How devastating is it when a friend posts a #tbt from 10 years ago and you are simply horrified at what you wore? Yes trends can be fun to partake in, but for the most part we have all learned that you need to fill your closet with staples. Well made, pieces of clothing in classic hues and silhouettes will last a lifetime and will never leave you disappointed in your purchase. Whether you are male or female, here is a list of 14 pieces you’ll never regret buying.
1. Slim cut jeans
Fit and wash are the most important aspect of your denim. Go for a tailored, true blue wash that will go with everything.
2. Crisp, white Button Up
Whether you are at work, going for dinner or taking a Sunday stroll, a white dress shirt will always be your best friend. To help keep the original quality of your shirt, dry cleaning is always the way to go.
3. Black, formal shoes
When it comes to shoes, black pumps are the most versatile and classic shoe for women. It is best to opt for a toe that is not too pointy nor too rounded, and has a thin to medium, 2-4-inch heel.
For men, the oxford is the most basic and timeless of all dress shoes and is great starting point if you’re looking for a classic staple. Oxfords are perfectly suited for almost any outfit and occasion.
4. Black, Wide Brimmed Hat
Men or women, young and old, styles of all kinds, a wide brimmed hat is a multi-seasonal, wardrobe staple for every fashionable man or woman.
5. Classic sneakers
An understated, yet essential fashion piece for every man and woman. How can you beat the comfort and look of a clean, white, classic sneaker?
6. Tailored, black blazer
Another must have piece for everyone is a tailored, black blazer. The key to this piece is in it’s fit. If you don’t want to splurge on a new one, a trip to the tailor is so worth it when it comes to a timeless piece like this. Sleeves should hit right at your wrists, the front should be fitted but not pull around your chest and shoulders should have enough room to layer underneath.
7. Neutral, leather carry all
Spending a couple hundred dollars on this season’s “it” bag seems like a good idea at the time, but you won’t want to be toting around a “zesty lime” carry all for years to come and you will find that it doesn’t seem to go with as much in your closet as you thought it would. Whether you are a light traveler, or you carry your life in your bag, a good quality, neutral bag is a must have.
8. Cashmere sweater
During the colder months, a cozy knit collection is a must-have. Layer them over your dress shirts during the week and pair with your favorite denim on the weekend. Throwing on cashmere makes you feel instantly luxurious.
9. Black, scarf
Vogue has dubbed the scarf “the new necklace”. The perfect addition to every outfit, a scarf adds warmth while completing your look.
10. Khaki, trench coat
A khaki trench coat seems to be one of those items that takes a while to make it’s way into everyone’s closet. It seems unecessary until you have one of your own. A timeless tan trench coat is the most versatile piece for transitional seasons and perfect for traveling, It will last you for years.
11. The Perfect Tee
It may take some time to find the perfect white t-shirt for you, but once you have, we suggest stocking up. Our favorite styles are super soft and have a relaxed, lived in fit. It doesn’t get any more classic than a white t-shirt.
12. Classic leather belt
A wardrobe staple for both men and women, a black leather belt is both functional and fashionable. The range of belts out there is exhaustive but be sure to own at least one understated one with a smaller, silver classic buckle and good quality leather.
13. Black boots
It often seems that the most basic, staples of our wardrobe, are always the hardest to find. Once you find the perfect pair of comfortable, black, leather boots in store or online, don’t think on them. Trust us, you will never regret having them walk out the store and into your closet.
14. Leather jacket
Another thing we can promise, is that you won’t be disappointed when you splurge on this outerwear essential. Layering or not, you can wear a leather jacket year round and they only get better with age.