Originally written by Jaclyn Genovese for notable.ca.
We know that women love stealing clothing from men, but with more women than ever in positions of power and an increasing amount of men becoming more fashion forward, women are experimenting with a more androgynous, tailored look. From three piece suits, to pinstripes and fedoras, masculine pieces have become a staple for womenswear, here are some of our favorite menswear inspired looks.
- For the seventies swagger, wear a flared leg pant suit with an artfully tied scarf and an over-sized light blazer.
2. Layer a jacket over a knit over a dress shirt and pair trousers with white sneakers for a sporty yet tailored, high fashion look.
3. For a toned down take on a suit, pair ankle baring black jeans with a pin striped jacket, a tank top and oxfords.
4. If you want to keep your outfit less corporate, show a little bit of your personality with a bold dress shirt and a pair of jeans.
5. Combining natural hues with a plaid trench, cardigan, dress shirt and pleated trousers are the perfect recipe for a macho manner.
6. Pair different shades of grey to complete a minimalist, but put together look.
7. Hang with the boys by wearing a fashion forward take on the suit.
8. One of the keys to pulling the look off a menswear look is with proportion and with adding accessories that are already in your closet, like suspenders.
9. Earn your tailoring stripes and create a classic effect in a three piece suit.
10. Look effortlessly cool, yet put-together by accessorizing tailored suits.
11. Go formal in a sleek tuxedo with strappy sandal heels.